Last updated: Nov 1, 2022
Wala Digital Health built the WalaDigital - Blood Donation app as a Free app. This SERVICE is provided by Wala Digital Health at no cost and is intended for use as is.
This page is used to inform visitors regarding our policies with the collection, use, and disclosure of the types of data collected, shared and stored by us (Wala Digital Health Ltd).
If you choose to use our Service, then you agree to the collection and use of information in relation to this policy.
For our terms and conditions you can find that at WalaDigital - Blood Donations Terms & Conditions.
The types of data we collect
For a better experience, while using our Service, we may require you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information.
For a better experience, while using our services, we collect information about how you use our products and services. We use that information to provide you with products and services, to help keep WalaDigital - Blood Donation more relevant to you.
Personal Information: We collect personal information from you such as;
- First and last name
- Email address
- Phone number
- Date of birth
- Blood type and genotype
- Profile photograph
Device Information. We collect information from and about the devices you use including:
- Information about your device operating system, language and device uuid.
Find other users and invite your friends. You can choose whether to invite your contacts to join you on the Platform. We will use the contact information you have for that person from within your telephone's contact list by sending them an SMS on your behalf with a link to download the WalaDigital - Blood Donation app.
Media information (Photo & Videos on your device). We may access images, and videos, found in your device’s gallery or via your device camera, with your permission.
For example, if you choose to create a new community, we will require your permission if you choose to upload a cover photo for your community. We access this information stored on your device gallery or request to use your device camera to capture an image to be uploaded to fulfill your request. Choosing not to share your device images or giving us access to your device camera doesn't prevent you from using our application, with the example above you can still create your community.
Information from third parties. The app does use third-party services that may collect information used to identify you, the collection of such third party data happens automatically. We have set out a list of all third party services used:
Log Data. We want to inform you that whenever you use our Platform, in the case of an error in the app we collect data and information (through some of the third-party products listed above) from your device. This Log Data may include information such as your device Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, device name, operating system version, the configuration of the app when utilizing our Platform, the time and date of your use of the Platform, and other statistics.
How we use your personal data
Data you provide us is transmitted off your device unto our servers for the purposes of improving your user experience and also for how the application works.
For instance, your profile photos or images you capture are transmitted off the device unto our servers to best serve you via our secure Wala Digital API Services.
We will use the information we collect about you in the following ways:
- notify you about changes to our service;
- provide you with user support;
- personalize the content you receive and provide you with tailored content that will be of interest to you;
- enable you to share User Content and interact with other users;
- communicate with you;
- to help us detect and combat abuse, harmful activity, fraud, spam, and illegal activity on the Platform;
- ensure your safety and security including reviewing user content, and associated metadata for breach of our Community Guidelines and other inappropriate content;
- ensure content is presented in the most effective manner for you and your device;
- Business Interactions: we enable you and third parties, like Blood collecting facilities, to interact with each other using our Services, such as Appointments to book appointments for donations.
- carry out data analysis and test the Platform to ensure its stability and security;
- allow you to participate in interactive features of the Platform;
- to ensure that you are old enough to use our Platform (as required by law).
- To inform our algorithms
- enforce our terms, conditions and policies; and
- administer the Platform including troubleshooting.
How we share your personal data
You share your information as you use and communicate through our Platform, and we share your information to help us operate, provide, improve, understand, customize, support, and market our Services.
Business Partners (blood collection facilities),
If you choose to book an appointment to donate blood, you will provide us with your first and last name, blood type, genotype and your gender. We will likewise share those information above with the relevant blood collecting facility.
We provide information and content to service providers who support our business, such as cloud service providers and providers of content moderation services to ensure that the Platform is a safe and enjoyable place and service providers that assist us in marketing the Platform.
We use analytics providers to help us in the optimization and improvement of the Platform. Our third-party analytics providers also help us serve targeted adverts
We will share your information with law enforcement agencies, public authorities or other organizations if legally required to do so, or if such use is reasonably necessary to:
- comply with legal obligation, process or request;
- enforce our Terms of Service and other agreements, policies, and standards, including investigation of any potential violation thereof;
- detect, prevent or otherwise address security, fraud or technical issues; or
- protect the rights, property or safety of us, our users, a third party or the public as required or permitted by law (including exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction).
Some Profile Information
Please note that some of your profile information is made public. Public in this case means available for other users of the Platform to see and possibly share. The only information made public is as listed below:
- First and last name
- Profile Photo
Sale or Merger
We will also disclose your information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets (whether as a result of liquidation, bankruptcy or otherwise), in which case we will disclose your data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets; or
- if we sell, buy, merge, are acquired by, or partner with other companies or businesses, or sell some or all of our assets. In such transactions, user information may be among the transferred assets.
How we secure your personal data
Data such as contact address list and photos are not shared with any third party.
We value your trust in providing us your Personal Information, thus we are striving to use commercially acceptable means of protecting it. But remember that no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure and reliable, and we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Although we will protect your personal data, for example, by encryption, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted via the Platform; any transmission is at your own risk.
We have appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure a level of security appropriate to the risk of varying likelihood and severity for the rights and freedoms of you and other users. We maintain these technical and organizational measures and will amend them from time to time to improve the overall security of our systems.
We will, from time to time, include links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any information to these websites.
We provide areas on our platform where you can post information about yourself and others and communicate with others. Whenever you voluntarily disclose personal information on publicly viewable pages, that information will be publicly available and can be collected and used by others. For example, if you post your email address, you may receive unsolicited messages. We cannot control who reads your posting or what other users may do with the information you voluntarily post, so we encourage you to exercise discretion and caution with respect to your personal information.
How long we keep your personal data
You may not post media that is excessively gory or share violent or adult content within posts. Media depicting sexual violence and/or assault is also not permitted. People use our platform to show, share and discuss issues concerning blood donations, health etc, often sharing images and videos as part of the conversation. Sometimes, this media can depict sensitive topics, including violent and adult content. We recognize that some people may not want to be exposed to such sensitive content.
This is why we balance allowing people to share this type of media with helping people who want to avoid it to do so. For this reason, all WalaDigital: Blood Donation accounts have sensitive media settings to help us understand the type of media you are interested in. You have the option to allow or disallow such sensitive media. When you want to post text, images, videos on the platform, by appropriately marking a post as sensitive, WalaDigital: Blood Donation is able to identify the post as sensitive. However, If you post a sensitive media or text without marking “Contains sensitive media or text”, WalaDigital: Blood Donation can automatically detect the post and automatically mark it as sensitive media. If you intend to regularly post such content, we ask that you please adjust your media sensitivity settings within the app.
Under this policy, there are also some types of sensitive media content that we don’t allow at all because they have the potential to normalize violence and cause distress to those who view them. We group sensitive media content into the following categories:
Graphic violence is any media that depicts death, violence, bloody medical procedures, or serious physical injury in graphic detail. Some examples include, but are not limited to, depictions of:
- violent crimes or accidents;
- physical fights;
- physical child abuse;
- bodily fluids including blood, feces, semen etc.;
- serious physical harm, including visible wounds; and
- severely injured or mutilated animals.
Note: exceptions may be made for documentary or educational content.
Adult content is any consensually produced and distributed media that is pornographic or intended to cause sexual arousal. Some examples include, but are not limited to, depictions of:
- full or partial nudity, including close-ups of genitals, buttocks, or breasts (excluding content related to breastfeeding);
- simulated sexual acts; and
- sexual intercourse or other sexual acts – this also applies to cartoons, hentai, or anime involving humans or depictions of animals with human-like features.
Note: exceptions may be made for artistic, medical, health, or educational content
For content that was created or distributed without the consent of those featured, please refer to our Non-consensual nudity section.
Violent sexual conduct
Violent sexual conduct is any media that depicts violence, whether real or simulated, in association with sexual acts. Some examples include, but are not limited to, depictions of:
- rape and other forms of violent sexual assault, or sexual acts that occur without the consent of participants, including a simulated lack of consent; and
- sexualized violence – inflicting physical harm on an individual within an intimate setting, where it is not immediately obvious if those involved have consented to take part.
Gratuitous gore is any media that depicts excessively graphic or gruesome content related to death, violence or severe physical harm, or violent content that is shared for sadistic purposes. Some examples include, but are not limited to, depictions of:
- dismembered or mutilated humans;
- charred or burned human remains;
- exposed internal organs or bones; and
- animal torture or killing.
Hateful imagery is any logo, symbol, or image that has the intention to promote hostility against people on the basis of race, religious affiliation, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or ethnicity/national origin. Some examples of hateful imagery include, but are not limited to:
- symbols historically associated with hate groups, e.g., the Nazi swastika;
- images depicting others as less than human, or altered to include hateful symbols, e.g., altering images of individuals to include animalistic features; or
- images altered to include hateful symbols or references to a mass murder that targeted a protected category, e.g., manipulating images of individuals to include yellow Star of David badges, in reference to the Holocaust.
Your Privacy Control
You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but that may result in you being unable to use certain features of our platform.
You can access and edit most of your profile information by signing into WalaDigital - Blood Donation. Should you choose to do so, you may delete your entire account. If you have any questions on how to request for your data to be deleted or downloaded, want to know about what rights you may have or want to exercise them, or have any requests, inquiries, or complaints, please contact us at: email@example.com
Under-aged User Privacy
These Services do not address anyone under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 18 years of age. In the case we discover a user under 18 has provided us with personal information, we immediately delete such account from our servers. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with personal information, please contact us so that we will be able to take the necessary actions.
This policy is effective as of Nov 01, 2022